Successful, productive graphic artist and illustrator. Clients, colleagues and coworkers know they have a dependable, creative, cooperative, competent and reliable partner.
Skilled multi-tasker that never misses deadlines. Constantly evaluating and prioritizing current assignments, while anticipating resource requirements for upcoming projects.
Keeps current on a wide variety of software applications and continually looking for ways to use technology to help make the most of available resources.
Good communicator. During the course of assignments, keeps everyone involved apprised of progress and project status, avoiding last minute complications and surprises.
Experience, technological knowledge and communication skills are a resource for coworkers.
Continually striving for self-improvement and always open to new ideas.
I love what I do. I can’t imagine doing anything else. I look forward to each new assignment and challenge.
Since 2008, I have personally raised over $22,500 through the “Coast the Coast” 170-mile bike ride for the National MS Society to help support research and patient programs in New Jersey.
Highly creative, meticulous illustrator/graphic artist/print and web designer with extensive experience creating visual content for print and online news media companies. Excels at generating visual ideas, researching and writing graphic
content and organizing information for presentation. Works well independently or as part of a team, on multiple assignments; always meets deadlines.
Core competencies include: Data visualization, print and online • Data mapping • Interactive web content and design • Publication design and prepress production • Conceptual illustration, digital/traditional media • Digital photo manipulation.
The Record • Woodland Park, NJ
Working independently or with reporters and editors to transform data and information into informational graphics,
illustrations, charts or maps for print publication and online.
- Awarded best “Graphic/Illustration portfolio” for artistic and journalistic excellence five times by N.J. Press Association and N.J. Society of Professional journalists.
- Created award-winning interactive presentation “The GWB files,” that generated over 31,000 unique page visits for NorthJersey.com. In 2014, the project was a finalist for the Digital Innovation Award presented by the N.Y. Deadline Club. It also received an Award of Merit from the Society of Silurians and an Award of Special Recognition from the N.J. Society of Professional journalist.
- Created and maintained Digital GIS map database of all 565 New Jersey municipalities, the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Rockland and Orange counties to use as a starting point for mapping data and analysis. Database is accessed in-house about 10 times a week for various projects, saving hours of time creating basic maps.
- Was part of the team that created “In Heroin’s Grip,” the 2015 Rube Goldberg Award winning online presentation that chronicled the link between inner city and suburban drug use.
Illustrator, designer and informational graphic artist
The Sacramento Bee • Sacramento, CA
- Created and implemented a visual style and usage guide for editorial content, resulting in stronger presentations and continuity through the publication.
- Developed weekly business magazine section to give area business coverage a higher profile vehicle. Was involved from concept to implementation and design on a weekly basis.
- Designed Special Section for 1994 Olympic games.
- Covered 50th anniversary of WW II with a series of graphics, including two-page spread on the D-Day invasion.
Previous graphic artist positions
The Journal News • White Plains, NY • 1992-93
- Explained, with full-page graphics, the expansion of the Indian Point nuclear power plant and the basic fire danger
points in the home and how to correct them.
Joe Kubert School of Cartooning and Graphic Arts, Dover, N.J.
Completed course focused on graphic arts and illustration.
Bachelor of Arts
University of Maryland, College Park
Majored in Studio Arts, with a minor in Art History.
Click the button to download or print a detailed version of my resume.
Print this resume